New NIS Membership Application
Membership of this Association consist of the following classifications:
At least a First Degree or Professional Diploma/ Post Graduate Diploma in Surveying and Geoinformatics or its equivalent recognized by SURCON. HND in Surveying and Geoinformatics. Any person who has passed the SURCON examination for Technologist with at least two years’ post qualification experience.Apply Now
Any person who passed SURCON Examination for Technologists, any person who passed SURCON Examination for Technicians with at least two years’ post-graduation experience, any person who has a National Diploma in Surveying and Geoinformatics approved by the INSTITUTION and recognized by SURCON . Apply Now
It is important to state clearly that Membership is derived from the National Body and members are encouraged to affiliate with the nearest NIS State branch but as a member you are welcome in any branch or subgroup of the NIS wherever you find yourself.Your interest in being a member or being elevated from your current status is highly appreciated. It is our pleasure in the secretariat to be of any assistance to getting you admitted or elevated. We have made our membership forms easy to fill and our membership services department is ever ready to ensure that you get all the help to make your admission or elevation successful. Please go through the following tips to ensure your application goes through hitch free
- Student Cadre Application
- Probationer Cadre Application
- Associate Cadre Application
- Member Cadre Application
Admission into the first four is administered by the secretariat, the membership committee and final approval of the National Council. The Admission into the cadre of Fellowship is administered by the Board of Fellows via their Selection Committee and is not covered by this publication. Requirements The following are the requirements for the cadres of membership covered by this documentation.
Student Cadre Application:
• Any individual who is currently undergoing a course of study in any approved institution of surveying in Nigeria. Probationer
• Any person who passed SURCON Examination for Technologists,
• Any person who passed SURCON Examination for Technicians with at least two years’ post- graduation experience,
• Any person who has a National Diploma in Surveying and Geoinformatics approved by the INSTITUTION and recognized by SURCON Associate
• At least a First Degree or Professional Diploma/ Post Graduate Diploma in Surveying and Geoinformatics or its equivalent recognized by SURCON.
• HND in Surveying and Geoinformatics
• Any person who has passed the SURCON examination for Technologist with at least two years’ post qualification experience. Member
• Any member who aspires to enroll as a member shall be one with SURCON Registration with active professional practice. He shall be entitled to the use of the designation MNIS (Member of the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors).
Kindly be informed that all applicants for STUDENT membership would be requested to upload the following for the completion of the membership admission form:
- School Identity Card or School Admission letter (if school I.D is not available)
- Passport-sized Photograph
- Evidence of Bank Payment Slip (required only for bank payments). Payments can also be made online via the NIS Online Payments Portal
When filling your personal Information please ensure you write clearly. For contact information do use your primary (most used or reliable) GSM number and email address. The secretariat will use these to send you vital information.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications You are simply required to state the qualification, the institution and the year of acquiring the qualification. Since you will be attaching a copy of your certificates other details will be obtained from them.
Sponsors It is required that you have two sponsors. For all categories the NIS Branch Chairman of the state you are affiliated is one of the sponsors. For Student membership the Head of Department or Institution is the other while for other cadres any Corporate Member can be the second sponsor. It is important that your sponsor is financial (that is up to date in payment of his/her dues).
If you wish to apply for change of status, please login to continue.